Saturday, August 13, 2011

Twin Rivers with a New Pair of Pants

Oh Twin Rivers...it had been two years since my last visit and it wasn't fun then, but thankfully, it was better this time. We only played the whites at 6100 yards because - as we were told by our friendly starter - those are the tees we will be playing from for the Autism Speaks tournament later this month. 

Overall an 86 (+14): +6 on front and +8 on back; typical Tony really. Lots of 1-putts thanks to some good chips, the issue really was is approach shots. I hit a lot of shots to back of green or slightly over - had a few chips do the same and realized this: when I look at the pin and take my practice swings, that's where I tend to hit/land the ball. So mid-round I started focusing on where I wanted the ball to land and not even looking at the flag ...made a huge difference!

I was a little soft with my putts today, but I never three-putted which is always good. I found myself playing a lot of draw today...even with the driver! I found myself swinging slower and making better contact, which I'm not really familiar with ...haha...?

So in summary, a lot of good things but a lack of real consistency from hole to hole. The good news is I had a lot of good-feeling shots and its something I can move forward with.

On a side note...check out these sweet pants! Craig Norman brand, nice and light, and only 10 bucks!


No comments:

Post a Comment