Friday, June 10, 2011

Back at Magnolia

This is a bit late, but I had to fill you all in on my recent round back at Magnolia Plantation, a course that caused me to only play 9 holes in the fall (baaaad day) . This past Saturday I dragged Andrew and Chris out there to help me prepare for a tournament this Saturday. We played from the blues (about 6600 yards) and overall, it went well.

Started well with a par and followed it up with a +3 on the second...quite the drastic change. Hooked a 3wood, then hit one in the water and one in a bush that I had to drop. The only positive was a 50 footer I made to end the hole. It stung, but I moved on. I finished the front +8, not bad with a triple and a double. The back 9 things came together and I parred the last 7 holes to finish with an 85 on the day.

On to the specifics. Off the tee I faired well, great drives and good 5w shots. My irons were the issue all day. I found myself having to club up and still wasn't hitting the ball solid, kinda scooping. Frustrating, but I played smart and just clubbed up to adjust and it worked okay. I putted great, with quite a few 1 putts to save par after a lame chip.

So overall a solid effort. 85 is good considering I had 7 penalty strokes. I also took some good notes on the holes and how to play them, since I'm the only one of the 4some who has played the course for Saturday. I played with Eric today at Red Tall, but I will type that in a new post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment