Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 6th: Mayfair Country Club; It was hot when we started and it got hotter as the day went on, but it turned out to be quite the day. I shot a 6 on the first 2 holes and was expecting it to only go downhill from there, but rather than flip out, I forgot about those two holes and focused in on the next shot I was taking. Somehow it worked, and I ended up with a 42 on the front 9 (good considering I was 3 over after 2 holes). I had 2 putts for birdie that I missed by mere inches, and I felt pretty good. The back 9, well, it went pretty dam good. I missed the green on the first hole (par 3) and nearly chipped in for birdie. I would par the following two holes, and details spared, I finished +2 on the back 9. I had some great sand shots, I hit every fairway, and my birdie putts missed but were close enough to save par afterward. I was relieved to finish the 18th because I could finally look at my score of 80 and feel good.

The adjustments I made before the round (without a bag of range balls) consisted of leveling out my swing and really focusing on hitting the ball in-to-out (the correct way). My day was saved by great pitching from the fringe and just beyond, because I put myself in good position to make par from where I was. Good day, one big blur on the back 9, but a good day.

So then I get a call this morning from Katey to play Hunter's Creek with her Tour Level D buddy TJ. Stupid me, I accept, so this afternoon I will be playing again. For those of you on oobgolf, my name is TonyCap13 and feel free to watch my round :) Should be interesting to say the least, if I shoot anywhere near as good as yesterday, I'll be thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment