Monday, May 4, 2009

May 4th: Winter Pines Golf Club; spur of the moment golfing after work is never a bad idea, so Troy, Julia and I gave it a shot. We literally walked out to the tee and hit our first shot with no warmup, and honestly, it seemed to work out better for me. I didn't have time to think about where my hands were, if my left foot was open, blah blah blah: I just went out and hit the ball. I had a few shots that went left or right here and there, but it felt good pretty much all day. Julia broke 100, Troy stayed under 90, and I broke into the 70's for the first time with a 78. I had multiple attempts at birdie, a chip-in, and some really good approach shots. I let the club do the work and it seemed easier, and then on some shots I tried to do too much and thats when they went outta reach. Lessons learned: minimal warmup shots help, let the club do the work, and don't let the previous hole affect your next hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment